What happens if I’m leaving Australia?

What happens if I’m leaving Australia?

If you’ve come to Australia after 1 July 2002 on an eligible temporary resident’s visa or if you’re a non-resident leaving Australia permanently, you may be eligible for the Departing Australia Super Payment (DASP).

After leaving Australia, you can claim your super at any time from us or by contacting the ATO.

The main things you need to know are:

  • To claim you must be either a non-resident or on a eligible temporary resident’s visa.
  • You can’t make a claim if you’re an Australian citizen, permanent resident or from New Zealand.
Daniel Thompson
Posted on:
Post author

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.